The Tapcon® Installation Kit is designed to allow the same drill to be used for two operations of installing the Tapcon® screw:
- Operation #1
- Drilling a hole into the masonry base material is necessary. A hammer drill must be used and be set to the hammer and rotation mode.
- The Tapcon® Installation Kit has an adaptor that fits into the chuck (one that uses a chuck key) of the hammer drill and holds the Tapcon® bit in place.
- The Tapcon® bit is held in place by tightening a set screw tight against the flat part of the specifically designed shank of the Tapcon® bit
- Operation #2
- After drilling the hole, slide the sleeve part of the Tapcon® Installation Kit over the top of the bit, which will be held in place by compression.
- Turn the hammer drill from the hammer and rotation mode to rotation only
- Insert the correct driver on the end of the sleeve
- The Tapcon® screw is ready to be driven
Contents of the Tapcon® Installation Kit:
- Allen wrench
- 1/4" nut driver
- 5/16" nut driver
- #2 bit tip
- #3 bit tip
- Nut drive holder
Bits are not included in the Tapcon® Installation Kit. However, the convenient plastic holder provides space to carry different sizes of Tapcon® bits.
Hide Additional Information